We are an old church - Once known as Grace Community Evangelical Free Church, we see ourselves as the next chapter in the history books, which go back to 1956. The church had to close its doors for a couple of years, but we praise God that they are open once again.
We are a new church - In August 2017, our small team moved in and began to get to know the community. Our first discipleship group met in January 2018, and the grand opening of Grace Church was in October 2018.
Ben was born again at a young age after a Sunday evening sermon given by his father. This
began an awareness of and deep appreciation for the power of the Word faithfully preached, which the Lord used to confirm a call to church planting. Ben graduated with a BM in Church Music Ministries from Cedarville University in 2009 and an MDiv from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in 2017. He loves jazz, Bill Murray, and board games.
Leader of Outreach
Karolina has been attending Grace Church since its opening in 2018. She is a full-time art teacher who enjoys building relationships with her students and using art to encourage others. She loves the local church where she has served in various capacities over the years, including leading a discipleship group, Bible studies, and a welcome and hospitality team as well as serving with a local outreach team and with short-term missions teams abroad. She’s always been passionate about outreach and missions (local and international), which is why she completed a two year cross-cultural missions residency with Unlocking the Bible. She believes the gospel is good news for everyone, and she gets excited at the thought of worshiping the Lord Jesus with all nations and tribes in heaven one day! Karolina is fluent in Polish and is currently working to get certified to teach English as a second language.
EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH
We are proud to be a part of a denomination that is a support and encouragement to us in our mission to declare the glorious grace of Jesus.
These churches helped us get started:
Mont Claire, IL
FELLOWSHIP BAPTIST CHURCH
FOREST PRESERVE BIBLE CHURCH
LIFE BRIDGE COMMUNITY CHURCH
VILLAGE CHURCH OF BARRINGTON
LIFESPRING COMMUNITY CHURCH
Spring Grove, IL
VILLAGE CHURCH OF OAK PARK
Oak Park, IL
OUR SAVIOUR EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH
OUR MISSION & VISION
Our Mission is to glorify God by declaring the glorious grace of Jesus. (Ephesians 1:6)
VALUES – what characterizes all we do?
Demonstrated by submitting to the Scriptures as the foundation and content for all we do. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Demonstrated by joyful reliance upon God through earnest prayer.
Demonstrated by disciples who are willing to follow others as they follow Jesus. (1 Corinthians 11:1)
Demonstrated by disciples who declare God’s grace and truth to others – knowing they are recipients of God’s grace – and it is God who works through them. (Ephesians 2:13; Colossians 1:28-29)
Demonstrated by always putting the other first and being willing to suffer loss for the good of the other and the peace and unity of the body. (Philippians 2:1-11; 1 Corinthians 13)
Demonstrated by loving and declaring the grace of Jesus to every person in our community without partiality. (John 3:16; James 2:1-13)
Demonstrated by loving and declaring the grace of Jesus to various nations around the globe through prayer, sending, supporting, and going. (Acts 1:8; 3 John 5-8)
STRATEGY – how will we do it?
Gather – Weekly worship
Disciple – Intentional relationships
Go – Equipping and organizing
MEASURES – when are we successful? (marks of a disciple)
Our goal is to create disciples who are faithful to the Lord Jesus as they…
…Grow in grace (John 15, Jude 20-21)
Relationships (Ephesians 5:22-6:4)
Gifts (1 Peter 4:10)
Time and finances (2 Corinthians 8:1-5)
Work (Colossians 3:17)
Prayer (Matthew 9:37-38)
Acts of compassion (Matthew 5:16)
Speaking the gospel (Romans 10:13-15)
Along with The Evangelical Free Church of America, we share these theological convictions:
1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
2. We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
The Human Condition
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus—Israel's promised Messiah—was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
The Work of Christ
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
The Holy Spirit
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
7. We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God's grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer.
8. We believe that God's justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and fervent prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
9. We believe in the personal, bodily and premillennial return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
Response and Eternal Destiny
10. We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace. Amen.